Parmalat Milk

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

barfwinkle

Parmalat Milk

Post by barfwinkle »

Is Parmalat still available (Esp in the south Texas)?

Bill
Bill Member #250.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Parmalat Milk

Post by Neil Gordon »

I don't know about East Texas, but Parmalot, or its equivalent, is available in supermarkets in Massachusetts.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Ron Turner
Oriental, NC

Got milk?

Post by Ron Turner »

Still here in North Carolina!
Ron Turner
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Parmalat Milk

Post by Oswego John »

Bill,

It's readily available on the east coast. I googled Parmalat Milk and found over eleven varieties plus.

It's available in organic, whole, skim etc. You can also get it in powder form. It's long shelf life makes it ideal for extended cruising.

If there is no store selling it in your area, Amazon will ship it to you in the powdered form.

Best regards,

O J
tartansailor

Big Scandal

Post by tartansailor »

Foreign company that owns that is rife with conflict, and besides, it gives me the runs.
Buy American. :cry:
Dick
Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Big Scandal

Post by Neil Gordon »

tartansailor wrote:Foreign company that owns that is rife with conflict, and besides, it gives me the runs.
All those stock market scandals upset my stomach, too, whether they be foreign or domestic.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Neil Gordon

Re: Big Scandal

Post by Neil Gordon »

By the way, I have the same as Parmalot... cardboard cartons, no fridge until open, etc.... Farmland... from New Jersey.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
jerryaxler

Parmalat

Post by jerryaxler »

If you can't get it locally, try Foodlocker.com They carry lots of different hard to get foods.
I get my Ranch Style beans from them, since you can't buy it here in the east.
Fairwinds and following seas,
Jerry Axler
barfwinkle

Thanks to all

Post by barfwinkle »

And Jerry, I'll look at foodlocker.com.

and as an fyi, at least according to amazon.com, it appears to me that Paramalat and farmland may be one in the same (<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... armland</a>).

but that doesnt necessarily mean its so.

Fair Winds.
Bill Member #250.
Photo Chief
Location: Bristol 27, cove marinaLittle Creek Amphibious BaseNorfolk, Va

Taste Improved?

Post by Photo Chief »

In my early days of cruising with the Pacific Fleet no substitute for fresh milk was offered after we drank the last of the San Diego milk as we sailed to westpac. This was back in late 60s/70s. However, by the 1990s the galley was serving a waxed cardboard boxed milk. White, chocolate, and strawberry. I don't recall the name. I'm prepared at this time to relay the crew's taste test: YEECCH. The only guys that would drink it were the mostly young ones that also drank coke for breakfast rather that good navy coffee. :wink:

I am assuming we are talking about a different product since some are considering a special order? Or have they improved the flavor and aroma? If the taste has not improved I would have to say that you CD lot are one tough bunch. Could I interest you in a Philipine baloot. :D
Rich Collins
USN Ret
Neil Gordon

Re: Taste Improved?

Post by Neil Gordon »

Photo Chief wrote:In my early days of cruising with the Pacific Fleet no substitute for fresh milk was offered after we drank the last of the San Diego milk as we sailed to westpac.
We had sterilized milk, which came in cans. It had a sort of burned taste to it and only really tasted good alongside powdered eggs.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

PLeeease!

Now I am going to get ill. :D
Bill Member #250.