Boat Transport Question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dean Abramson

Boat Transport Question

Post by Dean Abramson »

I often hear references to "finding an empty trailer," regarding having boats transported, as a way to save money. Is there a company/website which brokers such transactions? I may need a boat moved, but I probably will have the luxury of not needing it done immediately.

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
CapeTyphooner
Lewis Bay
Cape Cod

Post by CapeTyphooner »

Hi Dean:

I do not know the answer to your direct question, but I can recommend someone in the area (Maine) who hauls boats all over the East Coast and, if you have flexibility, he may be able to cut you a break on a haul when he is otherwise coming back empty handed. He has given me good prices in similar situations in the past and if you send me a PM I can pass along his information.
Sal Randazzo

Boat Hauler

Post by Sal Randazzo »

Hi Dean,
I found a really good boat transporter in Florida who is very reasonable - especially if you work with him. He has a large trailer and can carry two boats or one boat and a bunch of household stuff. Anyway, if you're not in a hurry, and he can put you in when he is going in the same direction you are, he will give you a really good price.