Does anyone know the make-model of this boat?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

mike feeney

Post by mike feeney »

But what do you make of the chain-link and the starboard trolling device?
Mike Feeney

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats" Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows
Scott F

I was Looking at the SC21

Post by Scott F »

I was looking at the SC21 when I thought it looked like a Ty.
JimL

Photo of (?) SC23....

Post by JimL »

There is/was (what appears to be) a twin to this boat, sitting in a lot on the road between Ventura, CA and Ojai, CA (Paul Newman's town). I climbed up on the trailer a few years ago and recall seeing an emblem with something like SC in the cockpit area.

Sorry, I can't recall more than that. I do remember the molded groove in the side (as shown on your photo). I owned a CD25 at the time, and I was certain this was an Alberg style boat.

I remember seeing something like a well, or locker, in the aft deck, behind the cockpit. It also had wood coamings, and the cabin looked tall.

Hope this helps.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

South Coast -- confirmed

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Ahoy,

The boat in question has finally been positively identified as a South Coast. Bob got permission to board the boat and found the old plate which read "Southcoast Seacraft, Shrevesport, LA" -- no model or hull number. But with everyone's help he now knows it's a daysailer.

Thanks everybody,
Cathy
Dick Barthel

Great demonstration of the collective power of our Board n/m

Post by Dick Barthel »

n/m