1979 Alberg 22

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

OPaulB

1979 Alberg 22

Post by OPaulB »

I have been visiting this post for quite some time and think it one of the best on the web. I came close to purchasing a CD25 a few years back but it didn't work out. Someday I'm sure I'll have that CD but for now I am refurbishing an Alberg22.
I would like suggestions on how to go about replacing the mast light located near the spreaders. The existing PERKO light is riveted to the mast. Should these rivets be ground off or drilled out to remove the light. Also when replacing the light should one use aluminum rivets or stainless screws with a coating.
The original light still works but I want to replace the existing wire inside the mast servicing this light. The existing wire appears to be ordinary electrical house wire.
OPaulB
Raleigh, NC
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: 1979 Alberg 22

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hi... use aluminum thats all i use, before you pull the wire out hook up the light and make sure it comes on, its works just leave it there, others wise you may need to replace the wire...winthrop
OPaulB wrote:I have been visiting this post for quite some time and think it one of the best on the web. I came close to purchasing a CD25 a few years back but it didn't work out. Someday I'm sure I'll have that CD but for now I am refurbishing an Alberg22.
I would like suggestions on how to go about replacing the mast light located near the spreaders. The existing PERKO light is riveted to the mast. Should these rivets be ground off or drilled out to remove the light. Also when replacing the light should one use aluminum rivets or stainless screws with a coating.
The original light still works but I want to replace the existing wire inside the mast servicing this light. The existing wire appears to be ordinary electrical house wire.