bow and stern rails for the typhoon

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

winthrop

bow and stern rails for the typhoon

Post by winthrop »

HI to ALL typhooners
to all of you that wanted bow and stern rails for your typhoon.
i found out from a friend that work for e&b marine.
that west marine bought out E$B marine and M&E marine in the last two years i am sorry for the delay.
west marine is trying to corner the maket on marines supplies, thats why they cost so much more.
but as long as boaters world and overton's stays around they can't. boaters world price are less, but they only carry harken and ronstan and wrinch producks only.
sorry again and i hope you find what you want thru west.
winthrop

imoutsailing2@yahoo.com
Brian Moore

Post by Brian Moore »

Bow pulpit for sale for Typhoon.I have just bought a 1976 Typhoon. I like the lines better without the bow pulpit.

Contact Brian at bmoore@smireland.com
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

West Marine and market corners

Post by Neil Gordon »

winthrop wrote:west marine is trying to corner the maket on marines supplies, thats why they cost so much more.
If they were still trying to corner the market, prices would be lower. I suppose that in many areas, they already have most of the market and that's never good for prices.

West Marine does have a lowest price guarantee, but you have to stay aware of the competition to catch them.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: West Marine and market corners

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hey Neil,

corner the market, the prices would be lower ???? what.

ever time i go to west and boat u.s. and i work for them for eight years.

the prices are at least five to ten % higher then boaters world on ever thing.

explain that ????

i still talk to allot of people that work for both of them and they say the same thing, raise the price.

they tried to buy boaters world and overtons and both of them said no....

when i was a whole seller for boat u.s. for years before i started working for then and after west marine bought them out they shut down the whole sell department and push out all the small marina business all over the u.s.. and allot of people were looking for work, thank god i can do any thing in the marina business.

you would be surprised how many people got push out of being self employed, i was one of them.....

thats why i work for boaters world for the last six years plus.

winthrop

Neil Gordon wrote:
winthrop wrote:west marine is trying to corner the maket on marines supplies, thats why they cost so much more.
If they were still trying to corner the market, prices would be lower. I suppose that in many areas, they already have most of the market and that's never good for prices.

West Marine does have a lowest price guarantee, but you have to stay aware of the competition to catch them.
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

besides who keeps bring up old post

Post by winthrop fisher »

:?: