Typhoon in Delaware

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Paul Grecay
Lewes, Delaware

Typhoon in Delaware

Post by Paul Grecay »

For the past 12 years there has been an abandoned Typhoon sitting along the roadside here in Delaware. It is located on Route 113...Partially in the woods, surrounded by small trees and sitting on a cradle...lots of leaves on it....but it looks restorable. The seacocks are open so it has not filled with water. It is located between Laural and Selbyville. About 8 years ago I inquired about it and was given a name of the owner. It is a typhoon senior I think...has a little cabin. Hate to see it rot away...I wonder if such a boat can be restored or if anybody has an interest to pursue it?
Paul
CD 28 "Peapod"
Lewes, Delaware
tartansailor

It Would Be Nice

Post by tartansailor »

It would be nice to have another Cape Dory join the Delaware Bay fleet. I can not think of a more appropriate boat for the unpredictable buy assuredly bumpy Delaware Bay than a full keel boat like a Cape Dory.
Dick
Bob G.

Ty Sr.

Post by Bob G. »

How bad does it look ? Does it have a mast and standing rigging?

Bob G.
Paul Grecay
Lewes, Delaware

Homeless typhoon

Post by Paul Grecay »

I don't know about the rig...the rig is not there....I think the owner has it all stored someplace.
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: Typhoon in Delaware

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hi Paul... yes, go for the restoring if you like doing that...winthrop

Paul Grecay wrote:For the past 12 years there has been an abandoned Typhoon sitting along the roadside here in Delaware. It is located on Route 113...Partially in the woods, surrounded by small trees and sitting on a cradle...lots of leaves on it....but it looks restorable. The seacocks are open so it has not filled with water. It is located between Laural and Selbyville. About 8 years ago I inquired about it and was given a name of the owner. It is a typhoon senior I think...has a little cabin. Hate to see it rot away...I wonder if such a boat can be restored or if anybody has an interest to pursue it?
Paul
CD 28 "Peapod"
Lewes, Delaware

cape dory in DE

Post by Guest »

I am looking for one, where is it? I really want a rebuilder like that.
Who can we contact again to retrieve, Thanks
Barney Fedele

old cape dory in DE

Post by Barney Fedele »

I am in DE and looking for an old one. Thanks
Paul Grecay
Lewes, Delaware

abandoned typhoon

Post by Paul Grecay »

Send me an email and I will give you whatever information I have on the boat...which isn't much....just the name of the owner which I got from someone who lives adjacent to the property where the boat is stored. I would prefer not to post the name and number since I don't know the owner.
M. R. Bober

Typhoon in Delaware?? Don't you mean hurricane??

Post by M. R. Bober »

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Annapolis (where we can be very flexible except when we know we are correct), MD
CDSOA Founding Member