CDT 24C for Sale Boston, MA

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Tcrosz

CDT 24C for Sale Boston, MA

Post by Tcrosz »

Hello Cape Dory Owners:
I thought I would list my boat for Sale at the Cape Dory Owners Association before I put it out to the masses.

I hate to be selling her, but as times changes for my family and I, I need to liquidate some things for some simplicity of life and for some much needed funds.

I have a 1984 Cape dory Cruising trawler CDT 24 C with a Westebeke 30hp Diesel. She has approx. 1200hrs on the diesel and runs strong. I've had her professionally maintained over the years that I've had her and I know the previous owners did as well. It had new Awlgrip done to the decks in 1999 and I have all of the invoices for work done on the boat (work done $21K).
She's in excellent shape - Hull is shiny with no dings, the Cabin is beautiful in all wood and has seen very light use. Full head, Shower, sink and stove. I've used it as a day boat over the last years and have not used the stove or shower.
The Jib and Mainsail are both in New condition and she is equipped with furlers on both. You can be at the helm and put up both sails with ease.
Please check out the manual that is on the capedory.org website for full details of the boat. It tells the full specs and details on how she rides. It's very true to life in that she is a heavy, sturdy vessel and can take anything that Boston's waters can throw at her.

Now, I come to the part where I need to price her and I don't have much to compare her to. I have two listing of past CDT 24's for sale, one at $32K and one at $36K. I am prepared to let this one go for considerably less. There were 17 of these built between 1983 and 1985. I am going to advertise her for $28,000 in the various boat sites soon.

I will be hauling her out tomorrow and I can store her for the winter. I can also have her put back in the water in May if needed.
Email me for pics. If you want to see her, she will be uncovered in Boston until Nov 1st and then shrink wrapped.
Thanks for your time and I'm hoping she goes to a good home.

Tim Crosby
(617) 268-7216
Contaact me via phone or email
(617) 268-7216
Tim Varley

CD 24 Trawler

Post by Tim Varley »

Tim,

Please send pics to TFVarley@aol.com

Thanks
dmulvany

1984 Cape Dory Trawler on West Coast coming up for sale

Post by dmulvany »

I thought I'd mention this boat here in case there's people on the West Coast interested in this kind of boat who would be daunted by trying to get a similar boat from Boston. The boat I'll be selling is the standard model and doesn't have a shower or a sailing rig, whereas the first boat mentioned sounds like the more upscale Deluxe model. This boat belonged to my father, who passed away last year and left the boat to my sister, who now lives inland and wants it sold. I'm the executor of the estate, currently living in Rockville, MD, and will be flying out to San Francisco November 15th. The boat had been appraised at $18,000 a year ago. To comply with California probate law, I believe I'll be required to hold a private auction with closed bids. Email me at dmulvany@usa.net if you're interested in more details, and please put "Sausalito auction Cape Dory" in the subject line.

Dana Mulvany
Dana Mulvany
dmulvany@usa.net
valenteach

CD 24 Trawler - Owners Manual

Post by valenteach »

I just bought a CD 24 Trawler on the Cape, the owner had a lot of documentation but did not have an owner's manual and I saw on some other posts that one might exist somewhere for these unique boats. If anyone has one or any information about it, I'd be willing to compensate them for their troubles making a copy or a scan.

Thanks!

Mike
617 571 0965
Viola, 24 CDT
Judith

Mike/Viola

Post by Judith »

Looks like the owners manual is already on this website. Check the page "About Cape Dorys" (click at top of this page), then drill down through choices for the specific manual. . .

Cheers.
Judith
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
valenteach

24 Trawler manual

Post by valenteach »

Judith,

Thanks for you post, but I've been to that page many times, and cannot find any manual for the CDT 24. If you are seeing something that I missed, send me the full URL.

Thanks!
Judith

Sorry, Mike.

Post by Judith »

I'm so used to finding what I need in the website "library," I shot off that reply on the assumption everything is in there.

You've probably already found the brochure, but just in case: http://www.capedory.org/specs/brochures/cd24t.pdf

Good luck.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
valenteach

No Worries

Post by valenteach »

It's confusing, the document that you see is a sales brochure, but I'm looking for the full user's manual that would have come with the boat, like the one for the CD 33 found at http://www.capedory.org/manuals/CD33%20manual.pdf.

I'm still searching, none of the other CD24T owners have responded yet, but hopefully one of them has it.

-Mike