AHOY, DOCDEFIANT !

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Zeida Cecilia-Mendez

AHOY, DOCDEFIANT !

Post by Zeida Cecilia-Mendez »

Hi, Marc :D
Glad to see you on board! How did Defiant make out with Katrina? Bandolera came out intact. Only the Carry-On A/C which I had left on the boat -properly secured, of course- suffered a minor problem, the condensation nipple which lets the water out through the drain, broke. It's being repaired as we speak and I hope to have the unit back ASAP. It's too hot to be without it.

I'm having some overheating problems with "Goldie" and will probably have to drain all the coolant and find a possible blockage somewhere in the system. I'm also adding two very nice mast steps to help me get up and reach the main. I should have done this long time ago.

I wonder what new engine could possibly replace the Universal 5424 Model 30 currently on Bandolera. I'm getting closer to this possibility, but it is still a thought at this moment. Are you going out sailing this coming weekend? I may not have the boat ready for the weekend. If you need crew, let me know!
Zeida