CHESAPEAKE BAY CAPE DORIANS

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

CHESAPEAKE BAY CAPE DORIANS

Post by David Sabourin »

Mad Hatter and crew will be going out next weekend to a destination determined by the wind and weather forecast. Just a few possibilities might be, LaTrappe Creek, Whitehall Bay or somewhere just on the other side of Knapps Narrows. As the forecast develops we will udate the post with more definite info.

I hope some of you will join us. Lets get together on the water soon.......

David & Beth

Post by Guest »

I'm moving a CD/28 from St Michaels to Annapolis this Friday, weather permitting. Anyone up for a sail?
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

CD28

Post by David Sabourin »

I would like too, but work gets in the way of all my fun!

David
Frank Vernet

Sorry

Post by Frank Vernet »

Andrew,

Kind and tempting offer, but we are spending the weekend at our new place in OC. Conflicting interests I'm afraid. I can see this is going the source of some distressing choices in the future.

Have fun.
"A sailor's joys are as simple as a child's." - Bernard Moitessier

Post by Guest »

It's just that kind of choice that landed me the boat in the first place! First, my folks--the original purchaser of #149--bought a place in St Michaels, then the boat, restless on her mooring, came to me! I'm going to moor her in Lake Ogleton, which is much more convenient to the DC area. Closer to home, it'll be easier to sink more money into her!
Will Wheatley
On Mill Creek in Annnapolis, MD

This Weekend

Post by Will Wheatley »

Wether by water or by land I will be at the South River Cafe near the RT 2 bridge on Saturday Night. David since your destination is open for adjustment perhaps you would like to come. I will most likely sail so I don't have to drive home. This will not be the normal peaceful weekend event. My very good and long time friend is the Saturday night DJ on WRNR Annapolis. He has an exellent show (Saturday Night Rythum & Groove) that runs from 9:00pm till Midnight and will be broadcasting live from the South River Cafe. There will be prizes etc and everyone is welcome.
Like I said, not the normal quiet cruise destination but sure to be fun.

Happy Sailoring~~~~/)~~~~
Will Wheatley, CDSOA
Sailing The Bay near Chesapeake Beach, MD
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

this weekend

Post by David Sabourin »

Thanks for the invite Will, but alas I'm not one for large crowds or noisy places......we will be heading to the Little Choptank I believe. Anyone who might be of the mind is welcome to come along and share some Cape Dory time......Madison Bay should be our destination but if you don't find us there try one of the creeks on the other side.......

David & Beth
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

change of destination

Post by David Sabourin »

With the SE winds forecast for Sat we have changed our destination to Leeds Creek which is just opposite St Michaels.

Join us if you can.

david

Post by Guest »

Hope the wind blows for you. I made the trek from St Michaels to Lake Ogleton today, and there was barely a breath. Yikes, 6 1/2 hours under power. Good luck and fair winds!