Jack Stands Needed

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ray Garcia

Jack Stands Needed

Post by Ray Garcia »

I'm making preparations to store our CD27 at home to work on her over the winter and coming spring. We just purchased her this past May.

Does anyone have a set of stands for a CD27 that they would like to rent or sell for the coming winter?

Does anyone know a source here on Long Island where I could either rent or purchase a set?

I would be willing to drive the tri-state area to pick up a set. (NY, NJ, CT)

Thanks.
Lars

jack stands

Post by Lars »

Ray... Rather than have the boat on jack stands have you thought about building a cradle or perhaps having one built?? any welding shop can do this for you.. I built a steel cradle to have my boat moved on a flatbed trailer for a few hundred dollars.. more secure than jackstands too.. just a thought.......volker
MBolton

Where to find Jack Stands

Post by MBolton »

I had the same question about five years ago when I wanted to store my Cape Dory Typhoon in my driveway. I was looking for the basis "boat yard stands" I seen in the yards.

I purchased four at a reasonable price from Brownell Boat Stands, Inc. Tel: 800.533.8433

They have served me well. Here is the link to their website.

http://www.boatstands.com/

Mark Bolton
Georgia Coast
John G.

boat stands

Post by John G. »

You might want to try a local boatyard, they sometimes have more than they need.