Cape May to New England

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

Cape May to New England

Post by David Sabourin »

I realized that everyone logging onto the bulletin board may not be interested in our trip details. So, I have created a blog site to post our progress and maybe some pix if possible. The site address in http://hatter11.blogspot.com. Please visit anytime and post ?? or comments.

David
Russell

Re: Cape May to New England

Post by Russell »

David Sabourin wrote:I realized that everyone logging onto the bulletin board may not be interested in our trip details. So, I have created a blog site to post our progress and maybe some pix if possible. The site address in http://hatter11.blogspot.com. Please visit anytime and post ?? or comments.

David
I am looking forward to following your trip, as I am making the same trip in mid july, starting in annapolis and headed to new england. After you hop off from cape may where is your next landfall?
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

Next Landfall

Post by David Sabourin »

Russell,

Our primary plan is to leave Cape May on Friday around noon or so. Then do a straight shot to Block Island......200nm or about 36hrs. Secondary plans are: if the weather is good and turns ugly soon, duck into Atlantic City or Mannasquam depending on our progress whatever is closer....if we are around Sandy Hook, we would go into the Highlands....if we are past there and are really getting battered we can duck into Fire Island Inlet. I have used that on previous trips and there is a nice safe "lagoon" within a mile of the inlet to starboard where I have tied up and rested. It looks like a municipal facility....past there there isn't much left till you get to Montauk. The weather and wind projections for Fri and Sat are showing SE turning to SW about 10 to 15kts. Both are good for going ENE. So we plan, at this point to run the rumb line to Block....

I'll post our progress on the blog and also put little snippets of info on the Board as well.

david
GeorgeV

Block Island or Bust

Post by GeorgeV »

I hope that you have fair weather with your trip up to New England.

If you find yourself in the Westbrook/Old Saybrook, CT area during any of your cruise, give me a buzz (860/674-2951) I would love to have my wife see a CD 36... we currently sail a CD33 out of Essex, CT and she keeps talking about a larger boat.
GeorgeV
s/v: Peace and Quiet
Tayana 37
Essex, CT
http://sailingonisabelle.yolasite.com/
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

Essex

Post by David Sabourin »

Will do if we are in the area......

d