Cleaning scuff marks off the hull

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dick Emrich

Cleaning scuff marks off the hull

Post by Dick Emrich »

I thought I'd pass along that at my wife's recommendation I used Soft-Scrub (sp?) with Clorox and the least abrasive Scotchbrite pad to clean scuff marks, red paint, blue paint, bottom paint and maybe creosote off the hull this morning and it worked like magic. The creosote took the longest to remove. What I can't get off is rust stains at the water line. Anybody had any success with those? Thanks.
CD jack

On and Off

Post by CD jack »

spray it on..wipe it off...be nice and white again
CD jack

On and Off

Post by CD jack »

spray it on..wipe it off...be nice and white again
fenixrises

Post by fenixrises »

Hi Dick,

For removing rust stains I have had success using Lime-Away. It is readily available at any grocery store. This also works on SS( ;) ) by the way. Another product that's supposted to work is C-L-R. Some of the new "Orange.." type products are also supposed to work on rust removal.

Happy clean up time,
Fred B.
You should always have an odd number of holes in your boat!
Bill Oyster

Post by Bill Oyster »

"BarKeeps Friend" look for it in most grocery stores it works miracles.

Bill
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: Cleaning scuff marks off the hull

Post by winthrop fisher »

HI..
black stirk removal, thats what its for.
winthrop

Dick Emrich wrote:I thought I'd pass along that at my wife's recommendation I used Soft-Scrub (sp?) with Clorox and the least abrasive Scotchbrite pad to clean scuff marks, red paint, blue paint, bottom paint and maybe creosote off the hull this morning and it worked like magic. The creosote took the longest to remove. What I can't get off is rust stains at the water line. Anybody had any success with those? Thanks.