Typhoon Senior Main Sail Cover

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Emile Lemoine

Typhoon Senior Main Sail Cover

Post by Emile Lemoine »

Hello, Can anyone tell me of a canvas maker with a pattern for the TS main sail cover, Thanks.
Jim Sullivan
Location: Past owner of '71 and '73 CD Typhoon; '83 CD22D. Current owner of M/V ATEA IV, 21' lobster boat.

Main Sail Cover

Post by Jim Sullivan »

Emile:

I think you may have better luck in getting a main sail cover from a sail loft vs. a canvas shop. If you had the old cover, you could certainly bring it to a good canvas shop to have a new one made. I am not sure if canvas shops keep patterns on hand for main sail covers. I think for the most part that they would make one up using the old cover as a pattern. This has been my experience. It is likely that a sail loft will have the measurements for your main and could make a sail cover for you. In my area (RI), I know that Thurston Sails makes sail covers for mains. You might also try any places locally in your area that sell used marine gear. They might have a used sail cover that would fit your main. It would be important to know the length of the boom, the length of the foot of the sail and possibly the stacked height of the main at the mast in finding a used cover to fit properly.

Good luck,

Jim :)
MikeRPSU
"Orion"
Pearson 31
Manitowoc, WI

Sailrite Kits

Post by MikeRPSU »

Emile,

Check out SailRite. They have cover kits that are very easy to assemble even if you don't sew but know someone who does.

Link below:

http://secure.sailrite.com/value/Custom ... 7}&kc=1151

Mike