CD 28 Power - V berth

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

John Edwards
86 Cal 33

CD 28 Power - V berth

Post by John Edwards »

Hi all:

I am trying to convince my wife, that we can use the V berth w/o putting in the filler piece; both of our cute lil heads forward, bodies to port & starboard!

In our sailboat we leave the filler in full time, but w/ this boat it would appear to be ugly to do so! as you are right off of the galley etc...

Also, w/ this method you are facing aft, which is nice for greeting the world in the am.

What do you think, do you need the filler...

Thanks

John Edwards
Tom s

Post by Tom s »

Hi John
We all realize that this is a great board and over many seasons it has solved a great many boating problems. But husband/wife relationships? My board is normal stored in the hanging locker. :D
Steve Laume

Sleeping arrangements

Post by Steve Laume »

It would seem to be a much better alternative to sleep in the V berth with your wife; in any berth configuration than sleeping alone out in the cold cockpit. Steve.
airgoddess99

v berth filler

Post by airgoddess99 »

Put the filler in and leave it there.
It's almost king size. No room to sleep otherwise, or otherwise.
stebbins

filler piece for vberth

Post by stebbins »

Never used it, never needed it. Unless your size is X-large. Just gets in the way.
John Edwards
86 Cal 33

CD 28 Power - V Berth

Post by John Edwards »

Thanks for the responsive reply!

My wife is 5'2" 108lbs, I'm 5'11 180lbs

Currently, I can't lie down in the V berth, as I have the deck out to replace the holding tank.

It certainly looks large enough.

I don't like the idea of leaving it in all the time, would look terrible. Also, Im not keen on breaking things down every day and stowing them away...

Heading out to put the 3rd coat of varnish on the salon sole

Good thing she's inside, its snowing like the dickens here in W. Mass

Thanks

JE
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

sleeping

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hi everone. :roll:
well with all the boats we have had, big or small boats that is.
we would sleep any where we could, v berth or cockpit or on the floor. it all was work out.
i am 6'2'' at 240 pds and my wife is 5'3'' at 130 pds.
ever time i would wake up my wife was all was on top of me, we all was laugh about it, because after twenty five years it still happens when ever we are on the boat. :)
winthrop
AIRGODDESS99

SLEEPING FORWARD

Post by AIRGODDESS99 »

WATCH YOUR HEAD - THATS WHY THE READING LIGHTS ARE AFT. YOU'LL SEE. WE TRIED IT. WHAT A HEADACHE.