Lake Champlain CD owners UNITE

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

rschattman

Lake Champlain CD owners UNITE

Post by rschattman »

While many of you may not think Lake Champlain is the CD center of the universe (which I guess it isn't), I am interested in seeing if we have enough in numbers and interest for a summer "sail in". Any interest? July is coming! - Richard
Richard Schattman
-------------------------------------------

Hailing Port: Mallatts Bay, Vermont
Ed Haley

Lake Champlain Fleet??

Post by Ed Haley »

Sounds like the possibility of a new CDSOA Fleet in the making. :)
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I was a student at the University of Vermont back in the 1960s. I've been back to the Lake often although I confess not recently. Just beautiful. It would be nice to see a CD fleet on Lake Champlain :)
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Peter

Lake Champlain

Post by Peter »

I had my Typhoon moored at the Charlotte Sailing Center for years. They used to have a "fleet" of 8-10 Typhoons. There were several larger CDs further south at Point Bay Marina.
It's a great place to sail.
P-

Wharf Rat
Typhoon #672
Groton, CT
Mathias

Lake Champlain

Post by Mathias »

"Sunset" is moored at Point Bay Marina. I would look forward to meeting other CDers.

-Mathias
Sunset, CD25, #332
Lake Champlain
Dick Villamil

Lake Champlain CD Owners Unite

Post by Dick Villamil »

I think this is a great idea! :D I expect my Ty to be in the water sometime in June - although I do still sail my (C&C oops :roll: ).
dave flagg

Lake Champlain CD Assoc

Post by dave flagg »

During our tenure as the CD dealer on Lake Champlain, we, via Bruce Hill Yacht Sales, sold upwards of forty CD 's new and used; power and sail. There really should be a fair crowd of boat owners and enthusiasts. I'll be interested to see where this goes. If anyone needs info /specs, I still have a lot of old brochures and some manuals.
Dave Flagg
Autohaus / Handyboat
1693 Shelburn Rd
So Burlington, VT 05403
802-343-8074
rschattman

Lake Champlainers

Post by rschattman »

It has been great hearing from all the CD owners here on the Lake. I would be interested to see if their is interest in meeting on the lake this summer. Lets keep communicating via this posting and see where we are come June. - Richard
Richard Schattman

Mathias

Another boat

Post by Mathias »

I know that Point Bay Marina in Charlotte, VT, where my Sunset is moored has at least one other CD25 by the name of Lyming. I have the phone number somewhere of the owner who advised me when I bought my Nissan outboard for Sunset. They might be interested and I can contact them as we get closer. There are also several Ty's in the yard, and a note left in the cockpit might find some more interested people.
-Mathias
Sunset, CD25, #332
Lake Champlain
rschattman

mathias

Post by rschattman »

sounds good. Im in Mallets Bay but go south often. Could be fun to meet other CD enthusiests. Keep me posted and I will do the same.

Richard Schattman
Solstice
CD 36 #150

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/rsc ... aters3.jpg[/img]
Richard Schattman