DEEP HIBERNATION

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

DEEP HIBERNATION

Post by Warren Kaplan »

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANWzZy0asmz-w

This is the saddest time of the year. There sits my summer life, Sine Qua Non, my 1980 CD27....and she looks sooo cold. Perhaps she is escaped from this misery by emulating a bear and has descended into deep hibernation under the white shrink wrap.
I anxiously await the warmth of April when I can set about the business titled so well in the first chapter of Charles Dickens' A Tale Of Two Cities.......RECALLED TO LIFE!!

:cry:
Last edited by Warren Kaplan on Feb 6th, '05, 08:25, edited 3 times in total.
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Hey Warren,

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

You have way too much free time on your hands. No winter projects on her, to keep you occupied with "your summer life", during the winter???
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Re: Hey Warren,

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Mark Yashinsky wrote:You have way too much free time on your hands. No winter projects on her, to keep you occupied with "your summer life", during the winter???
Mark,
I've got winter projects but I'm too damn cold to even think about them!! Whaddaya' have planned for Second Chance?
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Projects

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Whadda mean too cold. You are farther south than I am, and up here, it was in the low 50's on Sunday.
This year is cosmetic stuff, aka brightwork, brightwork, brightwork and cleaning, polishing, sealing all the stantions/pulpits, so they shine (bright work!?!?!).