Leoma. V- berth

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

JD-MDR

Leoma. V- berth

Post by JD-MDR »

I dissassembled the V-berth to inspect the bulkheads today.
There is plenty if moisture down at the bottom but I think it is OK. I tried to move it with a flat bar and it is secure. I hope it gets enough circulation to dry and does not deteriorate any more till I reseal the deck seam in December
IMG_1504.jpeg
The the plywood for the berths is ok. Not necessary to replace. There is some moisture on the outboard edges and around screw holes. I replaced the old screws and set them in new locations.
IMG_1506.jpeg
I pulled the water tank The hose was so dirty. I replaced it with new. I capped off the filler port since I dont want it and will eliminate the deck fitting soon
I wish I could toss the holding tank and that hose and valve. I think some marinas require it.
I think After I service the engine I will cruise down to Newport Harbor. They have free anchorage inside. My sister lives there. I was there last year 4 th ofJuly. I forgot all about that. They have-an awesome boat parade
Attachments
IMG_1505.jpeg
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: Leoma. V- berth

Post by John Stone »

You do not have to have a holding tank if you don't have a toilet with a through hull.

I do not have a marine toilet. I use wag bags inshore and bucket and chuck it offshore. Very simple. And totally legit--the wag bags are approved by the national park service.

And by the way, the head seat in the FR is the most comfortable and roomy you will ever use. So there are options other than a marine head.
JD-MDR

Re: Leoma. V- berth

Post by JD-MDR »

Thanks John. I do want to keep the head for women and kids. It hasnt been used since I’ve had this boat. I just dont want the holding tank. At the marina we can use the restrooms and offshore pump over or use bucket.
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510