Service manual for a 1GM

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

tmcclarren

Service manual for a 1GM

Post by tmcclarren »

Hello,

Where can I find a service manual for a Yanmar 1GM? I have been online and can not find one for sale. I know there are websites that say they have it you can download, but I keep getting warnings that the websites can't be trusted

Thank you.
Jim Walsh

Re: Service manual for a 1GM

Post by Jim Walsh »

https://l-36.com/manuals.php#Y
Perhaps this has what you seek.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Hello Thom:

I recently posted on this board about my efforts to locate the current caretaker of S/V Bali Ha'i, a 1982 CD 25D. "YANMAR SERVICE MANUAL MARINE DIESEL ENGINES"

Hull Identification Number: CPDY0069M82K
USCG Official Number: 1237123

I had to part with her a few years ago because of Covid.

I thought I had collected all of the manuals, etc. to ship to the then new caretaker back in 2020. There have apparently been 1 - 2 caretakers after that. I do not presently know the name of the new caretaker.

I have not been successful to date in locating the current caretaker of S/V Bali Ha'i. As stated, I recently posted on this board in an effort to locate the current caretaker who homeports in the Boston Harbor area. I want to continue that search for 2 - 3 more weeks. If not successful I will be happy to forward the manuals I still have to you. In addition to the thick service manual (200+ pages) I also have a small owner's manual for the 1GM. It is sort of like a Crib Notes pamphlet.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
tmcclarren

Post by tmcclarren »

Hello Roberto,
Thank you for the generous offer. I would be very grateful for these manuals. If you are unable to contact your folks, let me know and we exchange contact information.
Again, thank you very much.

Thom McClarren
CD 25D 1983 Agapè
gonesail

Post by gonesail »

there is also a good book out there .. Seloc Yanmar Inboards. highly recommended.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Hello Thom:

I am admittedly surprised that the current caretaker of S/V Bali Ha'i (now possibly renamed True North) has not posted on this board. Perhaps s/he does not know of this board.

I will wait a little longer for someone to come forward. If no one does, they are yours.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
tmcclarren

Post by tmcclarren »

Roberto,
Thank you for your offer. Please advise if the new owner does not need those manuals. I will be most appreciative.

Thom