Bacon Sail Lazy Bag

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

tmcclarren

Bacon Sail Lazy Bag

Post by tmcclarren »

Hey everybody,
Looking for input around a StoPak, Lazy Bag, etc. Lazy jack and bag system.
I have a CD25D and there are some cheek blocks already up the mast. They are just below the spreaders, on the port and stb side of the mast .The Lazy Bag from Bacon Sails would like them to be 65% up the mast from the boom. Don't know if I can use the set up that is there now. There is no lazy jack system currently on the boat. Also, The system that Bacon Sails uses requires that the mainsail be loose footed. The bag has a bolt that uses the channel where the mainsail lugs were.
I have never owned a boat with a loose footed main. I have read that you achieve better sail shape when loose footed. They suggested to remove the slugs as they are not longer needed. Gary, from Bacon was very helpful and I like the look and feel of their system. Quality gear. Can I expect to add something more robust for an outhaul on the foot of the main as it and the tack will carry all the load?
Thanks for your help.
See you in St. Michaels in May!!