Video: Installing an Engine and Folding Prop

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Video: Installing an Engine and Folding Prop

Post by John Stone »

I put this video together about installing an engine as a scratch project into the Far Reach.

Happy sailing.

https://youtu.be/JcwbQ2jAyNM
wikakaru

Re: Video: Installing an Engine and Folding Prop

Post by wikakaru »

Hi John! I've been watching your YouTube videos as you post them. I especially like the way you re-cap the big projects you've done, and this was a good overview of your engine installation. Thanks for this video (and all of your videos, for that matter). Keep up the good work!

I don't post comments on YouTube--not my style--but please know that your videos are appreciated in this little corner of the internet.

Smooth sailing,

Jim
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

wikakaru wrote:Hi John! I've been watching your YouTube videos as you post them. I especially like the way you re-cap the big projects you've done, and this was a good overview of your engine installation. Thanks for this video (and all of your videos, for that matter). Keep up the good work!

I don't post comments on YouTube--not my style--but please know that your videos are appreciated in this little corner of the internet.

Smooth sailing,

Jim
Thanks. Much appreciated. I was the same way till I started our channel and began to understand how YouTube works. Likes, comments, subscribing is the most important way for channels to grow. It's how the algorithm works. Along with views (we don't use click bait so it's all content driven) these are the metrics YouTube uses to promote the video and the channel in a very crowded field. Channel growth expands the audience as well as helps the channel to eventually make make a profit, small though it may be. No one knows better than you how expensive camera equipment is along with editing software to splice videos together. For me it's a hobby, though time consuming, but my hope is to purchase some additional equipment some day.

Anyway, it's been interesting to gain a bit of experience with it and see how it works and what it can and can't do.
wikakaru

Post by wikakaru »

John Stone wrote:Likes, comments, subscribing is the most important way for channels to grow. It's how the algorithm works. Along with views (we don't use click bait so it's all content driven) these are the metrics YouTube uses to promote the video and the channel in a very crowded field. Channel growth expands the audience as well as helps the channel to eventually make make a profit, small though it may be.
I understand that the YouTube algorithm uses those things to decide which videos to promote. I wish you luck in growing your channel and hope you get millions of views, likes, subscribes, and comments. The "not my style" aspect of it is that I prefer not to leave footprints in the form of likes and comments all over the internet. It's the same reason I don't post to the Cape Dory Facebook group. This little corner of the internet that is the Cape Dory Forum is the only place I choose to leave a lasting digital footprint. Sorry not to support you more than by just increasing the view count.

Smooth sailing,

Jim
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Aye. No worries. Just relating how it works. I don't have FB either.

Glad to see you back posting on the forum. Not many of us any more.