Standing Rigging-Replacing a Lost Part Help!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

dgsail
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 26, Hull 50, Bridget, Montrose Harbor, ChicagoOriginal Owner

Standing Rigging-Replacing a Lost Part Help!

Post by dgsail »

While demasting, my 1986 cape dory 26 lost one of my upper shroud parts. I cannot raise the mast or sail unless I can find a replacement. Does anyone have suggestions on where I can resource this replacement part?

Apologize for the large photo. Wasn't sure how to reduce the photo size.

Debbie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Debbie Garrity
Frenchy

Re: Standing Rigging-Replacing a Lost Part Help!

Post by Frenchy »

That's called a toggle jaw. You would need to measure the diameter of the cross pin and the diameter of the threaded
shank, then you could order one from Rigging Only, here in Fairhaven, Mass. If you could find a local rigging supplier,
that would be even better. The customer reps at Rigging Only are helpful and will get you what you need.
Good Luck! - Jean

http://www.riggingonly.com/stdrig04.htm ... 0TERMINALS
Jean - 1983 CD 33 "Grace" moored in
Padanaram Harbor
Massachusetts
sloopjohnl

Post by sloopjohnl »

west marine had them when i needed replacements for my typhoon. these are larger but as i remember they had larger ones also.
most of the marine supply stores should have them also - defender, hamilton, jamestown, etc.
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Any marine salvage shop has bins of toggles, turnbuckles, and various rigging parts that can be had for a couple bucks. There must be a marine salvage shop in the Chicago area.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton