Just Bought a Cape Dory 30 MKII

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Khaos13

Just Bought a Cape Dory 30 MKII

Post by Khaos13 »

Hello, my name is Dan and I bought this boat about a month ago. She is hull #8 of 31. This boat is fast becoming the true love of my life! I've owned several boats and, as a charter captain in the Virgin Islands back in the 70's and 80's, spent time on a large variety of sailing vessels. In more recent years I've worked in the yacht industry as captain and engineer on larger motor yachts. I also spent 6 years in the oil fields of the GOM, also as captain and engineer. I'm retired now and taking care of my 99 year old Mom (she'll be 100 in October!)

Yesterday, I spoke with the man who bought this boat new for his father in 1987. We're going to meet in a few weeks so he can transfer 2 storage lockers full of gear to me. He told me to bring a truck! This boat needs a lot of work but she is basically sound. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and sharing some of my experiences.

Thank you to everyone here for this wonderful forum!
CD 30 MkII Hull # 8
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Paul D.

Re: Just Bought a Cape Dory 30 MKII

Post by Paul D. »

Congrats on your purchase! I am sure you will find many offerings of help on this forum. Good luck with you mum and your new (old) boat.
Paul
CDSOA Member
wikakaru

Post by wikakaru »

Congratulations! Welcome to the Cape Dory family and the forum!

Smooth sailing,

Jim
gonesail

Post by gonesail »

mine is hull #29. they are fine boats. good of you to take care of your mother when she needs it.
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

Dan, congratulations on your new love…I’m sure she loves you too!
Steve Dawson
CD22