US/Annapolis Sailboat Show….

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

s2sailorlis

US/Annapolis Sailboat Show….

Post by s2sailorlis »

I’ve thought of going this year…worth it?

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
SVFayaway

Re: US/Annapolis Sailboat Show….

Post by SVFayaway »

I enjoy it, getting to see the new boats is a lot of fun. Sunday and Monday are the best days because there are fewer people and the lines for the boats are shorter. If you have specific questions on equipment you can usually corner someone from the manufacturer and learn a lot from them. For example I learned a lot about autopilots and windvanes by talking to the guys from Scanmar last year. The deals are hit or miss but foul weather gear is usually available for a good discount, especially from the local outfits (Fawcett Boat supplies usually has good prices) and of course there's tons of expensive stuff to look at and dream about. Plan to get out of the immediate downtown area for lunch unless you like waiting...
Avery

1974 Cape Dory 28
S/V Fayaway, Hull No. 2
s2sailorlis

Re: US/Annapolis Sailboat Show….

Post by s2sailorlis »

Thanks, a few friends are heading down for weekend. Sounds like a good road trip!

SVFayaway wrote:I enjoy it, getting to see the new boats is a lot of fun. Sunday and Monday are the best days because there are fewer people and the lines for the boats are shorter. If you have specific questions on equipment you can usually corner someone from the manufacturer and learn a lot from them. For example I learned a lot about autopilots and windvanes by talking to the guys from Scanmar last year. The deals are hit or miss but foul weather gear is usually available for a good discount, especially from the local outfits (Fawcett Boat supplies usually has good prices) and of course there's tons of expensive stuff to look at and dream about. Plan to get out of the immediate downtown area for lunch unless you like waiting...

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing