Typhoon Cabin

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Pinch

Typhoon Cabin

Post by Pinch »

This is an interior shot of a Typhoon Weekend I am looking at. Can someone tell me if the knees on each side are original? I have not seen them on other Typhoons. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radsailor

Re: Typhoon Cabin

Post by radsailor »

My 1971 Typhoon has the knees
sloopjohnl

Post by sloopjohnl »

nothing like that on my '76. later model years had more substantial knees but not like those either.
radsailor

Post by radsailor »

what is the rope hanging from the cabin ceiling ?
Pinch

Post by Pinch »

radsailor wrote:what is the rope hanging from the cabin ceiling ?
Good question. It looks like it is right under the mast step
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben Miller

Post by Ben Miller »

My '78 Typhoon has knees, but not like those. On mine, the cabin sole, berths, and inner liner all are one piece.

I wonder if a previous owner cut down your liner in order to add some knees? Or possibly that's just how Cape Dory built the cabin for some part of the model's history.

P.S. Don't be deceived: My cabin has only been this clean and clutter-free once, when this photo was taken. Ordinarily it's crammed with sail bags and other gear.