Yanmar 1GM from 25D w/ gas tank mounts, ctrl pnl, needs work

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
dje_sailboat

Yanmar 1GM from 25D w/ gas tank mounts, ctrl pnl, needs work

Post by dje_sailboat »

Original Yanmar 1GM diesel system from 25D circa 1980, ran away at the end of last year but it dropped the valve and stopped on its own, a mechanic got it working and it ran normally for a day, but after that it wouldn't stay running without giving it some extra throttle, and wouldn't go above about 2000RPM. I winterized it and it and haven't tried starting it up this season. Engine shows it's age but I'm sure in the right hands it could be brought back to life, but it will need some work. Decided to convert to an electric motor on my boat.

Selling the entire diesel system soup to nuts:

Engine with alternator, transmission and shaft coupling
Exhaust with hose
Fuel filter

25D engine mounts
25D Gas tank with fill hose

25D engine control panel with the wiring harness (wires in good condition, ignition needs replacing because you can turn it with anything, but I have a new one from West Marine you can replace it with) and engine stop lever/cable

NOT included: raw water filter, throttle and direction control cables, battery cables

Fix it or part it out, but looking to sell everything at once, asking $1000 OBO for it all. Located in Barrington, RI, easy pickup from a marina, it's on a pallet ready to go, only weighs 170lbs two people can lift it without much trouble. Please PM or email me for my phone number.

ernthree3

Re: Yanmar 1GM from 25D w/ gas tank mounts, ctrl pnl, needs

Post by ernthree3 »

Hello
Just read your Yanmar ad.
I am hopeful that you might be able to help me with another Yanmar 1gm installation.
I have a rebuilt 1GM with a number of seemingly missing parts and recognize that you do not want to (understandably) part out this engine.
I'm also guessing you are at the or near the yacht club in Barrington (I am in Providence).
Can I get a look at your engine to determine what parts are missing -serial numbers, etc.
I can certainly do this at your convenience and would earnestly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks
A fellow Cape Dory member.

Ed
401-499-5609