For the old salts--What is this?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

For the old salts--What is this?

Post by John Stone »

You guys gotta help me here. This was in my old sea-box. Can't remember what's it's for or how to use it.

What can you tell me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by John Stone on Dec 2nd, '21, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Lascelles

Re: For the old salts--What is this

Post by Bob Lascelles »

Hi John,

I'm just old....I haven't earned "Old Salt".....But I came across this ad from an ebay selling vintage celestial navigation accessories....I think it is a US Power Squadron LHA Aries Computer? But since I'm a celestial navigation illiterate.....maybe someone else can explain it's function?

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Bob and Michael
Spot on. That's it. Thanks much. I'll play with it this season as I work on my celestial nav and see if it's valuable or just a gimmick--a needless distraction from the format and routine I already have.