"Leoma" update 11/29/21

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

JD-MDR

"Leoma" update 11/29/21

Post by JD-MDR »

in sling.jpg
in sling.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 215 times
Final haulout before departure. We found the rudder shaft needs repair. It has a crack in the glass at the upper post so we are dropping the rudder and going thru it all. I am removing two transducers, patching one of the holes and installing a new transducer to go with my new Garmin 742XS plus. So I will have reduced the number of thru hulls from 8 to 6. Last year I removed the twirly bird thingy for the speed/knot log. I still have two in the cockpit. one for the engine and one for the galley and two for the head. Seems like a lot. There is still the two bilge outlets above the waterline.. Departure date is between Feb 15 and March 15
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: "Leoma" update 11/29/21

Post by John Stone »

Sounds great John. Superb work you have done to get so far. I well remember your fist posts sailing down the coast to SOCAL. Most people dream it but can overcome all the obstacles. It's takes an enormous amount of work and absolute refusal to be deterred.

Take care and be safe out there. Keep us updated. Have a successful haul out with no more hidden surprises. When it gets hard I am always reminded of the Hiscocks motto: "Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might-have-been."

The horizon beckons...

Happy sailing amigo.

John
JD-MDR

Post by JD-MDR »

Thanks John . Remember you said you will send me some tips for a first aid kit. My sister can help. Her husband is some kind of a Physician Assistant. He can give me prescriptions and some other stuff.
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

JD-MDR wrote:Thanks John . Remember you said you will send me some tips for a first aid kit. My sister can help. Her husband is some kind of a Physician Assistant. He can give me prescriptions and some other stuff.
Sorry--I forgot about that. I just went through ours today. We are moving the boat tomorrow and I'll make a list while we are underway and shoot some pictures.
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Leoma John,
Congratulations. I, like many of us on this board, are so happy for you. We cannot wait to hear more from you about your adventures. Keep us posted. God Bless
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27