MS / MSB Gear selection position

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

S/V Ethan Grey

MS / MSB Gear selection position

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

For the Volvo MS/MSB, does anyone know what gear (forward or reverse) the transmission is in when the eccentric piston (#56) is forward, or astern?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
S/V Ethan Grey

Re: MS / MSB Gear selection position

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

One reason that I wanted to know the correct position of the gear selector is so that I could make sure I ordered the correct propeller (left or right handed). So, I think I've convinced myself that the propeller should indeed be a left hand prop for the Volvo MD7A + MS + Walter V-drive. As far as I can tell, looking at the output shaft rotation from the MS & V-drive, this drawing is correct. If anyone knows that i got something wrong, please let me know.
-david
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
JD-MDR

Re: MS / MSB Gear selection position

Post by JD-MDR »

It looks correct to me. I have a morse single lever control and when I push it forward(to go forward) it pushes the shift lever on the gearbox aft with the v-drive or towards the flywheel
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510