LOOKING FOR CD 25D

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
jmaue

LOOKING FOR CD 25D

Post by jmaue »

I'm in search of a 25D anywhere on the Great Lakes system. You your interested in selling or know someone interested in selling please reply to this message.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: LOOKING FOR CD 25D

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Jmaue:

You may have more responses if you move or copy your post to the "Buy/Sell" section of this board.

Cape Dory only made about 185-190 CD 25D models. They stopped production more than 35 years ago. There are not a lot of CD 25Ds available. They do not "come on the market" often.

If you decide you want to expand your search area I am thinking about parting with S/V Bali Ha'i (1982 Cape Dory 25D, hull number 0069). Unfortunately, she is located in Miami, Florida which could not be further from the Great Lakes. I found her in 2011 in NJ.

Unless you have your heart set on a Cape Dory 25D (I did :!: :!: , as many board members can attest), you may want to also consider the CD 27 (diesel) or the CD 25 (O/B).

Whatever your decision(s), I wish you well in your search.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
fcnljr

Post by fcnljr »

Jmaue

Closer than Miami, but still far from the Great Lakes, a 25D has been on the hard at a brokerage on Lake Lanier, NE of Atlanta. I think it has been for sale since early last summer. I inspected her myself last fall but decided it was not the boat for me. Feel free to PM or email me if you would like to discuss my impressions.

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/87155
mathiasben

Post by mathiasben »

Bob Lascelles

Post by Bob Lascelles »

If your heart is set on a CD25D, try looking for one with a trailer. Triad makes a great trailer for the 25D. I keep my boat in Maine, but I bought her in Duluth, MN and trailered her back East. A modern 1/2 ton PU with a V8 & anti-sway/load leveler will handle the weight of a 25D. So you don’t necessarily need to shop local.
Good luck
Bob
Bob Lascelles
CD25D Vindolanda #111
York, ME