Rigging Company

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

Rigging Company

Post by Jerry Hammernik »

Anyone have any experience with the Rigging Company out of Annapolis? Not much for riggers here in Wisconsin. I've called around some and didn't get much help on the phone (not naming names) until I tried The Rigging Company. Where others said fill out the form online and we'll give you an estimate, they spent a long time on the phone answering my questions and providing info. They gave me a verbal guesstimate on price and said we'll get you a written quote early next week. They had the written quote in my email a couple of hours later.

My standing rigging is probably original. Boat is 38 years old, I've had it for over 20 years so it's time. I'm considering roller furling and they'll fit and dry assemble it before shipping. I've been a hank on sail guy for a lot of years but I'm ready for a change. It will simplify things with grandkids aboard.

The customer service over the phone was great. They priced the Harken furler below the online guys. I'm not finding much not to like. So unless the wisdom of this group says run away, I'm leaning strongly to doing business with them.
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."
Frenchy

Re: Rigging Company

Post by Frenchy »

I had a good experience with Binnacle.com. If you can follow instructions, you can put the furler together yourself.
You'll have to assemble the sta-lok fitting in any case. The price, customer service and shipping speed were very
good at this Canadian company.- Jean
Jean - 1983 CD 33 "Grace" moored in
Padanaram Harbor
Massachusetts
SVFayaway

Post by SVFayaway »

The Rigging Company is great, they have a very good reputation locally. I've gotten a lot of advice from them on various rigging projects and they give it freely and it's usually spot on. I'd use their services without hesitation.
Avery

1974 Cape Dory 28
S/V Fayaway, Hull No. 2
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Hi Jerry
I bought my stay-lock turnbuckles from the rigging company. They were friendly and professional.

John