SCAM ALERT

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

SCAM ALERT

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

The following is a scam which is aimed at our users. I’ve only included a portion of the email, the beginning, so you’ll recognize it if it winds up in your email. If you receive it, DO NOT respond to it, DO NOT purchase any bitcoin and DO NOT call any phone numbers that may appear in the email. Move it to your SPAM folder and report it to your email host.

NOTE: Where “password” appears in the text of the email below, your past or current password will appear. If it’s a current password, you should change your password.

- Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.

====================

“...I’m aware, “password”, is your password.

I need your full attention for the next 24 hours, or I will certainly make sure you that you live out of embarrassment for the rest of your life span.

Hi, you don’t know me personally. Yet I know a lot of things concerning you. Your present fab contact list, phone contacts plus all the online activity in your computer from the previous 148 days.

Including, your self pleasure video, which brings me to the primary reason why I am writing this mail to you....”

...message truncated by webmaster.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
M. R. Bober

Re: SCAM ALERT

Post by M. R. Bober »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:The following is a scam which is aimed at our users. I’ve only included a portion of the email, the beginning, so you’ll recognize it if it winds up in your email. If you receive it, DO NOT respond to it, DO NOT purchase any bitcoin and DO NOT call any phone numbers that may appear in the email. Move it to your SPAM folder and report it to your email host.

NOTE: Where “password” appears in the text of the email below, your past or current password will appear. If it’s a current password, you should change your password.

- Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.

====================

“...I’m aware, “password”, is your password.

I need your full attention for the next 24 hours, or I will certainly make sure you that you live out of embarrassment for the rest of your life span.

Hi, you don’t know me personally. Yet I know a lot of things concerning you. Your present fab contact list, phone contacts plus all the online activity in your computer from the previous 148 days.

Including, your self pleasure video, which brings me to the primary reason why I am writing this mail to you....”

...message truncated by webmaster.
Send me $19.95, and I will reveal the latest scam.

Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster, (where we are rural, but not stupid) VA
CDSOA Founding Member