UPDATE-FOUND Wanted: CD Typhoon

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Triton704
Location: 1982 Typhoon Weekender, Hull# 1874, "True Love", West River, MD

UPDATE-FOUND Wanted: CD Typhoon

Post by Triton704 »

Downsizing from Pearson Triton. Trailer desirable but not essential; preferably with no soft spots. All leads welcome
Last edited by Triton704 on Nov 16th, '20, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Migs

Re: Wanted: CD Typhoon

Post by Migs »

Howdy Triton704,

I've had good luck with the website searchtempest? All one word. It crawls the web for CL listings. I know of a Typhoon for sale around Eagle Lake, NY...near Saratoga Lake. The present owner purchased it from the Saratoga Lake Club this summer. It is hull no. 11. I looked at it but was too late as he had bought it just before I got there. It needs some bulkhead repair. The hull was sound but I did not check the deck. It comes with a trailer and the owner was asking $2500.

Good luck
Migs
Triton704

Post by Triton704 »

thanks for the tip. I have emailed the seller of #11 and am waiting for a reply. what's up with the bulkhead?
Triton704

Post by Triton704 »

FOUND. Just bought a 1982 Typhoon Weekender in Charleston. thanks for the tip Migs! Picking up friday and bringing to Chalk Point Marina on the Chesapeake. More posts to come---need to find cabin and cockpit cushions, and advise on wiring running and anchor lights
Migs

Re: UPDATE-FOUND Wanted: CD Typhoon

Post by Migs »

Glad you found something newer and closer? to you. The bulkheads looked soft and were delaminating. But never mind #11. You found and '82! That's great.

I am redoing my cushions based on Sailrite's website videos- They show how to make templates and patterns for making cushions. Spent $500 in materials alone to make two V berth cushions (3" thick) and two long cockpit cushions. All will have zippers and no piping on the edges...I'm lazy and don't want to add to the work. I couldn't find anyone near me that would charge less than $500 to make 4 cushions.

So I dug out the 1940's Singer 15 straight stitch and will be "isolating" in the sewing room this winter..... I'll post pics when I'm done.

You may have better options near you for making marine cushions. I got a lot of " well we don't normally do that kind of work" type of responses to my inquiries.

Good luck