Typhoon Standing Rigging

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

ty3

Typhoon Standing Rigging

Post by ty3 »

Need to replace standing rigging and need advice on where to look. My Ty is a '79. Weekender

appreciate any advice, thanks.

ty3
Dick Villamil

Re: Typhoon Standing Rigging

Post by Dick Villamil »

I replaced my standing rigging on the 79 Typhoon using Rigging Only. You will adjust the rig the way you normally sail then remove the mast and remove the shrouds, forestay and backstay etc. You will sned them to Rigging only after talking to them on the phone. I strongly recommend getting open turnbuckles instead of the closed ones that were original so you can tell where your adjustment is. I also asked them to reinstall the pigtail on the backstay for the boom lift even though I use a separate topping lift. They are extremely good, knowledgeable and appropriately priced. This might be wheat you do at the end of the season but they are usually prompt at returning both the new and originals.
ty3

Post by ty3 »

great advice and heads-up, many thanks.

Ty3
ty3

Post by ty3 »

Would you mind sharing the cost for the rigging?

Thanks.

Ty3
Dick Villamil

Post by Dick Villamil »

It was 10 years ago when I did the rigging but it was less than $100 for the backstay and forestay.