need a new sail cover

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Megunticook

need a new sail cover

Post by Megunticook »

My Ty Senior's mainsail cover is getting worn. Any recommendations for a new one? Nothing fancy, trying to minimize expenses this summer (after spending a couple hundred on Outboard parts and supplies this spring!)
RC James

Re: need a new sail cover

Post by RC James »

3 years ago, I tried SailboatOwners.com and had a servicable, not unattractive SailCover built in Tan Sunbrella at a very reasonable cost.
No complaints...........not the tightest fitting sail-cover, but completely serviceable.

Perhaps worth a look.
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

sailrite.com
sailcare.com
leesailcovers.com

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
Dave Berquist

Post by Dave Berquist »

Did you find one yet? I have a used dark blue one from a Typhoon Senior that you're welcome to. Let me know dave dot berquist at gmail dot com
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

I got one from Lee Sails. They look like a big on-line company, but they're really a husband and wife team. They give you a detailed list of measurements to take and my cover fit perfectly. It fits as well as your measurements. And best of all, they didn't even put their logo on the cover.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton