For Sale: 1984 Cape Dory 25D in CT - No longer for sale.

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
AMcC

For Sale: 1984 Cape Dory 25D in CT - No longer for sale.

Post by AMcC »

For Sale: 1984 Cape Dory 25D “Rhythm Changes”, USCG No. 1251240, located in Portland, CT
$13,500

Engine
Yanmar 1GM (1984, but not original to the boat, rebuilt and installed on boat approx. 2015)
Transmission fully rebuilt by Rick Neary (East Coast Marine Transmission) in 2019 ($1200)
Hitachi 40 amp alternator
12 Gal diesel fuel tank, removed, cleaned, replaced with new hoses approx. 2015
Racor Secondary filter
Raw water intake filter
Michigan Sailor 3 Blade prop, Cutlass Bearing replaced approx. 2015

Rigging/Sails

Harken Traveler w/Garhauer Mainsheet blocks, end controls rigged for 3:1
Quantum Cruising Main w/ 2+2 battens, 2 reef points, sail cover.
North Sails 150 furling genoa
100 Lapper, modified from hank to tape for furler foil. (Not meant to be furled)
Main, 150 Jib, and Dodger sent out to Neil Pryde for inspection/repair January 2020
Doyle APC Cruising Spinnaker 2014 w/ ATN spinnaker sleeve
Boom Vang – block & line
Harken MKIII Unit 0 Furler
Forespar whisker pole w/stanchion mounts
Lazyjacks (made from spare blocks & lines)
Double life lines

Electrical
2 Sportsman DC24 CA 625 RC 140 AH 84 Batteries
Rebuilt electrical distribution panel with new Blue Sea Circuit breakers, Blue Sea Mini OLED voltmeter.
2 Blue Sea System Fuse boxes

Electronics
Raymarine 40 Bidata – Speed/Depth (2014)
Raymarine ST1000+ Autopilot (2019)
Standard Horizon Eclipse DSC+ GX1200 VHF w/masthead antenna (new mast coax cable 2013)

Other
Coleman canister gas stove, single burner, in place of original alcohol stove
Solar Vent installed 2019
Dodger w/removable bimini extension, boom tent
Whale hand bilge pump operated in cockpit
CQR 15 and Danforth 10S anchors w/chain & rode
13 gl holding tank w/macerator pump or direct pump out, diverter valve at head for direct overboard,
Radar Reflector, Ritchie Navigator Compass (2014)
Manuals – Yanmar Service Manuals, All electronics , Harken Furler, CD owners manual
Fairclough Canvas Winter cover w/frame. Cover re-stitched 2017, zippers replaced, re-cut for mast up 2019 (950$)
Stainless swim ladder

Summary: The boat is in very good condition overall. I purchased the boat two years ago and looked at several Cape Dorys before settling on this one. This had been purchased by an engineer several years before that who had gone through the boat and done all the right work, and done it well. The only fairly significant issue currently is that the floor of the cockpit is soft and a new owner should plan on that project sometime in the next few years. I am selling only as my job is changing so my summer location and availability dictates a smaller boat that I can trailer and store in my garage for the winter. This was something of my dream boat, and it is very hard to let it go… I single-handed her from Marblehead to Noank the first year I had her (including dealing with the infamous Buzzard’s Bay conflicting wind and tide chop) and she took good care of me. I have a lot of faith in the boat.

Link to some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2B9ETqZyDa2uhtMcA
Last edited by AMcC on Feb 28th, '20, 08:45, edited 4 times in total.
Brimag

Re: For Sale: 1984 Cape Dory 25D in CT

Post by Brimag »

Hello ,do you have any pictures ?
AMcC

Post by AMcC »

Old head, Groco HE, needed a rebuild - but I found a good deal on a new and current-version HF, so I just ordered one of those - will go in the boat this spring.
So - brand new Groco HF Head to be installed this spring.
-Alec
AMcC

Post by AMcC »

Boat is no longer for sale - will keep it. I'll take it up the Hudson and Champlain Canal this summer to Lake Champlain!
-Alec