1982 Cape Dory 30 Cutter for Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

eabenson

1982 Cape Dory 30 Cutter for Sale

Post by eabenson »

1982 Cape Dory 30 Cutter - $12,000.

Giacomo is her name and she is in great shape for her age. I bought her in 2014 and worked on her for two years in my yard. I launched her in 2017 and have had great times sailing her in Buzzards Bay. I am her third owner.

Here are a few things I did or had done by my boat yard:

The original barrier coat was stripped down to the gelcoat and replaced with 4 coats of epoxy barrier paint. There were no gelcoat blisters anywhere on the hull when I purchased her.
Bottom painted this Spring by my boat yard.
The topside gelcoat is in great shape and is compounded and waxed. I wax her every Spring before launch.
The interior wood sanded and refinished with teak oil. Some teak has been replaced.
Painted the inside of the hull with anti-mold paint.
Removed the water tanks and cleaned. Re-installed but have not gotten around to getting the water system running.
Replaced manual bilge pump. Added an automatic bilge pump.
I have my boat yard go over the Volvo-Penta MD7A every Spring. The only issue ever found was with the alternator, which I replaced this year. The engine has less than 300 total hours on it. It is strong and reliable.
I added two solar panels to keep the three batteries charged. I use one battery for the Simrad chartplotter, which can run all day off the solar panel.
The standing rigging is in great shape, as the mast and rigging have always been stored indoors.
All the running rigging has been replaced within the past three years. I just replaced the jib sheets recently.
Sails are in good shape. I have two main sails, one Yankee and one jib (hank-on). The jib has a minor repair.
Replaced the head plumbing.
Replaced the head seacocks.
Replaced the sink seacocks.
Removed the original stove/oven and replaced with an Origo two-burner stove.
Have a custom Winter cover which has not been used.
Five stands.

She does need new paint on the deck, but the deck is in good shape with no soft spots.

There are cushions in the salon but not in the v-berth.

I removed the life-lines, but have them available. I'm not a fan of life-lines and I think Giacomo looks better without them.

Giacomo is USCG documented and is insured for $16,500.

If you are seriously interested, you are welcome to take a test sail with me. She is moored in Sippican Harbor Marion, MA. She’ll be in the water until at least the end of September.

Here's a link to some photos.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi73tt9h296c ... Wlqoa?dl=0
Last edited by eabenson on Aug 22nd, '19, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
S/V Ethan Grey

Re: 1982 Cape Dory 30 Cutter for Sale

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

She looks fantastic!
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
eabenson

Re: 1982 Cape Dory 30 Cutter for Sale

Post by eabenson »

Thanks! The CD30 is a beautiful sailboat and I hate to give mine up, but life sometimes does not give us a choice.

Eric