Where Is The Far Reach—Part II

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: Where Is The Far Reach—Part II

Post by John Stone »

Another tough and stress filled day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Life has improved dramatically on the Far Reach now that Gayle is here. She arrived on 13 Feb. I surprised her with a Valentine’s Day cake made from scratch by my friend Ed Baffkin. He has lived here on his boat for many years and is a world class baker—yes, he does all his baking on a 30’ sailboat! Cruising World will publish a story about him in the near future. The cake was unbelievably delicious.

Gayle and I have been snorkeling, walking, cooking, socializing with other cruisers, exploring St Thomas and Water Island, and enjoying being together. We have provisioned for more sailing further afield but have experienced reinforced trade winds and a week of squally weather thus we have remained in Elephant Bay waiting for better weather.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by John Stone on Feb 25th, '19, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

Post by Jerry Hammernik »

From the picture I thought you might be in Australia. :D
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Jerry Hammernik wrote:From the picture I thought you might be in Australia. :D

Jerry
Are the photos upside down?
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Morning rainbow over the West Gregerie Channel, St Thomas.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

John Stone wrote:
Jerry Hammernik wrote:From the picture I thought you might be in Australia. :D
Jerry
Are the photos upside down?
John:

The one with you and Gayle is "upside down" or taken in Australia. :wink:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Thanks Roberto. I figured that’s what Jerry meant. It’s right side up when I see it. I’ll re load it and see what happens.

If that doesn’t work I’ll load it upside. :roll:
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

John Stone wrote:Thanks Roberto. I figured that’s what Jerry meant. It’s right side up when I see it. I’ll re load it and see what happens.

It was never upside down on my iPad. It may be the individuals device. People had those same issues in the past with attachments and there was a simple remedy. Click on the attachment and a drop down would allow you to rotate the attachment. Once accomplished it was good forever on their device.
Roberto can verify, he had the same issue if my memory serves correctly.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Jim Walsh wrote:
John Stone wrote:Thanks Roberto. I figured that’s what Jerry meant. It’s right side up when I see it. I’ll re load it and see what happens.

It was never upside down on my iPad. It may be the individuals device. People had those same issues in the past with attachments and there was a simple remedy. Click on the attachment and a drop down would allow you to rotate the attachment. Once accomplished it was good forever on their device.
Roberto can verify, he had the same issue if my memory serves correctly.

Ahhhh, Bach.
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

It was upside down. Now it's not there. At least on my device.
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."
John Stone

Post by John Stone »

Jerry Hammernik wrote:It was upside down. Now it's not there. At least on my device.

What’s there now? Kinda weird I’m suddenly having trouble with the photos. What’s up with that? LOL.
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Some of your other photos displayed in the wrong "rotation"...
However, by "right-clicking" and then selecting "View image" the picture displays in proper rotation and I can then "left-click" in the picture to enlarge it to full-size.
When I go back to the thread the picture goes back to the wrong rotation.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

John,

It's back now but still upside down on my device. I use a Mac so there is no right click rotation for me.

I just rotated the laptop. LOL

Australia or the VI, you're together. It's all good. Enjoy!
Jerry Hammernik

Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

John S.

I followed Mike's advise and was able to view your photo without standing on my head :!: :wink:

Your daughter is very pretty You are fortunate that she enjoys sailing and sailboats.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:John S.

I followed Mike's advise and was able to view your photo without standing on my head :!: :wink:

Your daughter is very pretty You are fortunate that she enjoys sailing and sailboats.
I agree with the sentiment :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time