CD 28 (and similar) Gear

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
kerrydeare

CD 28 (and similar) Gear

Post by kerrydeare »

We are "thinning out the herd" and I thought it might be useful to begin a preliminary list.

150% Ulmer Genoa (Number One). Condition fair. Frankly this sail will still drive the boat well and was specifically cut to the CD 28 sail plan and built on City Island. $50 plus shipping.

110% Ulmer Genoa (Number Three). Same comments as above sail. Also same price and terms.

70% Ratsey Lapthorn Jib (Number 5). Condition good. Same price and terms as above.

"Ratty Get Home" mainsail to fit CD 28 sail plan. As described. $25 plus shipping.

Full awning to fit CD 28 or similar. Custom built with poles, fittings rigging, etc. $100 plus shipping.

Switlik 4 Person "Coastal" Life Raft (Cannister Model), manufactured 1988. Caveat Emptor: This raft was last serviced at the Switlik factory here in New Jersey in 2008, at which time it was described as "very good condition" and certified for use. However even though it has not seen severe exposure of any sort since that time, it is still an old raft and will require some sort of inspection and re-pack to be considered "safe." The factory gave an "over the phone" estimate of perhaps $700 to do this. After service this raft will be the equivalent of models selling today for three to four thousand dollars. I will part with this gem for $100, but it is too large to ship in any practical manner. If any of this makes sense to you, let me know.

I can provide additional details for all serious inquiries.
paul taylor

Re: CD 28 (and similar) Gear

Post by paul taylor »

Hi, I have a CD27 and am interested in all your CD28 sails and the awning. I live in Millwood NY 10546. Are these items too big/heavy to ship (at my cost)? Where are you located? Thanks
Paul
Paul Taylor
kerrydeare

Re: CD 28 (and similar) Gear

Post by kerrydeare »

paul taylor wrote: ... interested in all your CD28 sails and the awning. I live in Millwood NY 10546 ... l
I will shortly send you email and a private message.
kerrydeare

Re: CD 28 (and similar) Gear (Updated Listing)

Post by kerrydeare »

kerrydeare wrote:We are "thinning out the herd" ...
All sails and gear originally listed has been sold except the ...

Switlik 4 Person "Coastal" Life Raft (Cannister Model), manufactured 1988. Caveat Emptor: This raft was last serviced at the Switlik factory here in New Jersey in 2008, at which time it was described as "very good condition" and certified for use. However even though it has not seen severe exposure of any sort since that time, it is still an old raft and will require some sort of inspection and re-pack to be considered "safe."

The factory gave an "over the phone" estimate of perhaps $700 to do this. After service this raft will be the equivalent of models selling today for three to four thousand dollars. I will part with this gem for $100, but it is too large to ship. If any interest, let me know so I can provide additional details.