navigation table CD30 MII how have you fitted the teak table

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Martha Lei

navigation table CD30 MII how have you fitted the teak table

Post by Martha Lei »

boat came with a very nice unmounted teak piece that is just the right fitting for the pilot berth,however if I decide to mount it will have couple of issues,one will be on the way to use the pilot berth and second the only way to use it as a table is seating side ways on the settee.
Have you found a solution?
thanks
David
A Sempre Avanti
Mahalo Plenty
Boyd

Re: navigation table CD30 MII how have you fitted the teak t

Post by Boyd »

Hi:

I had Hull #1 CD 30 MkII for 13 years and spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to use the nav table. Never did get there. Only thing I could figure was to use it standing up. When in place it pretty much obliterates any use of the pilot berth. I used the fold down dining table for navigation. having just the stb leaf up.

Its the only thing on the boat that didnt make any sense to me. I tried to figure out how to hinge it, leaf it, fold it, etc. but just couldnt find a solution. :roll:

Let me know if you do.

Boyd
s/v Cat-A-Tonic
Prout 34
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

I’m not familiar with your interior but have chartered many different boats. I recall a few had swing out nav station seats for layouts like yours. Some had spinning seats to adjust the height. How about a removable pedestal? We use a removable pedestal in the cockpit that bolts to a 3/8” round plate. Bolts on with only three bolts. Some pics would help.
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Standing up, the stove top has worked quite nicely as a nav table. Sitting down, I use the cockpit table. Underway, a throwable cushion has worked well.

Mostly, I see installed nav stations as boat show features that appeal to the hopes and dreams of potential buyers.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698