I did it! I bought a CD25! And Thank you!!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Will J

I did it! I bought a CD25! And Thank you!!

Post by Will J »

Hello CD25 sailors,

I bought my dream boat! 1980 Cape Dory 25! Thank you all so much for your replies to my questions, concerns and just good boat talk. I sincerely appreciate you helping me out. I'll be sailing here on beautiful Lake Michigan in Chicago, Illinois.

Someone in here said to reef at 20 knots. Really? I thought the boat would just sing at 20 knots. I will be sailing solo a lot of the times, so I should take his advice...thoughts? Any other advice or comments on sailing the boat are always welcome. This is my first Cape Dory. I had a Rhodes 19 for many years. I'm thrilled to finally own this classic beauty.

All the best sailors. Enjoy the summer!
Will
Chicago
mgphl52

Re: I did it! I bought a CD25! And Thank you!!

Post by mgphl52 »

Will J wrote:Someone in here said to reef at 20 knots. Really? I thought the boat would just sing at 20 knots. I will be sailing solo a lot of the times, so I should take his advice...thoughts? Any other advice or comments on sailing the boat are always welcome.
Congrats on acquiring a great sailboat!!!

And, Yes!... Follow that advice! Your CD25 will sail faster/truer in 20 knot wind with a reef than without!
Been there, done both and learned...
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Will J

Post by Will J »

Outstanding! Thanks Michael and Toni. Will reef!
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

GM Will J

You would be more apt to get additional responses to your posts if you were to place them "Cape Dory" forum. you're not breaking any protocols or anything, but you would probably get more responses. I thought I had access to move the post for you but I was evidently wrong.

Congrats and GL
Bill Member #250.
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Well I can move them.

Congrats again.
Bill Member #250.