CD25 bilge water removal

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

bgephart

CD25 bilge water removal

Post by bgephart »

My CD25 occasionally gets a small amount of water in the bilge - maybe 1/2 inch deep. I think it is a small leak during heavy thunderstorms. It is not enough to get a pump on it, but enough that I would like to get it out. Any ideas on removing such a small amount? It is a difficult place to reach. Thanks.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: CD25 bilge water removal

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Attach a large, water-absorbent sponge to a plastic (or wood) rod with tie wraps (cable wraps).

Have a bucket handy. Soak up the bilge water with the sponge and squeeze into the bucket.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Chrisa006

Post by Chrisa006 »

I used my shop vac at the dock.
Chris Anderheggen
CD25 "Windsong"
Catalina 30 "Kestrel"
Catalina 387 " Parrot Cay"
Credo quia absurdum
s2sailorlis

Post by s2sailorlis »

Harbor Freight sells a $4.00 pump. It’s orange colored and has 2 very long hoses. Should work perfectly....

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing