New Typhoon Senior Owner

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

MHBsailor

New Typhoon Senior Owner

Post by MHBsailor »

I recently acquired a 22-foot Typhoon Senior and I will be mostly sailing her on the Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island, with the hope of making future trips to the Cape and Islands on good weather days once I get her set up to my liking.

I would like to hear from other Typhoon SENIOR owners and see where you call home port and what your year and hull numbers are. According to another section of this website, 57 were made from 1984 - 1987. If there are enough Typhoon Seniors and Cape Dory 22s in Southern New England, perhaps we could have a summer rendezvous and invite one or more nautical photographers and get some fleet shots.

Cheers!

JD
Last edited by MHBsailor on Mar 3rd, '18, 17:02, edited 2 times in total.
MHB Sailor
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Re: New Typhoon Senior Owner

Post by Steve Kuhar »

JD,

Congratulations on your new boat and welcome to the message board.

A check of the CDSOA database shows that we have 69 active members who own Typhoons, 6 of them live in Rhode Island, contact information is provided in the CDSOA Membership Directory, which all members receive. There is an active Northeast Fleet, and most CDSOA fleet activities involve a lot of discussion about every conceivable topic that a member might want to discuss, including potential cruises, the meetings are also a great source for any other information that you may need.

Many of us believe that the best $40.00 that we ever spent on our boats was for a membership in the Cape Dory Sailboat Owners Association. Please consider joining us, we do not think you will be disappointed.

Steve Kuhar
CDSOA Membership Chair
MHBsailor

Post by MHBsailor »

Thanks Steve. Please note I have a 22-foot Typhoon SENIOR, and I'm only aware of one other Typhoon Senior on the Narragansett Bay right now, also a recent purchase, and I am in contact with the new owner. JD
MHB Sailor
*AJ*

Post by *AJ* »

JD ~ Congratulations on your new boat!

Just sent you a direct email.

*AJ*
MHBsailor

Post by MHBsailor »

Thanks AJ! I didn't receive it. Did you send via the internal email system on this board? Would you please also send a PM? Maybe that will work.
MHB Sailor
*AJ*

Post by *AJ* »

JD, Yes, I did send an email via the internal email system here on the forum. I will try to DM you and see if that works. *AJ*
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

I have a beautiful Typhoon Sr. Hull #28. I got her last September. I keep her on a mooring in Charleston, SC Welcome! I would be happy to discuss the boat with you.