CD36 Registry

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Skylark

CD36 Registry

Post by Skylark »

I'm putting together an inventory of Cape Dory 36's. The registry is in poor condition.
Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Skylark on Jan 28th, '18, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Re: CD36 Registry

Post by Steve Kuhar »

The 2018 CDSOA Member Directory is at the printers at this time, and contains the names and contact information for 28 current CD36 owners. The Directory will be distributed in late February, and you can receive your free copy by clicking on the yellow banner at the top of this page and renewing your membership.

Thanks,
Steve Kuhar,
CDSOA Membership Chair
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Steve,
I'm all for supporting this site. That said, what improvements have been made in the last few years?
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Concerning improvements to "this site", we need to understand that there may be at least four separate entities that we are talking about when we say "this site"; The CDSOA website (cdsoa.org), of which the Cape Dory Board (what you are now reading) is a part, the registry, which is not affiliated or maintained by the CDSOA, and for which our only connection is to provide a link on our homepage, and the Directory, which is a hard copy publication that provides contact and boat information for CURRENT CDSOA members.

Both the Directory and the Registry have good and bad features. The Registry is all encompassing, it costs nothing to be listed, and your entry is there, presumably, forever. That forever quality is not necessarily a good thing, for I am fairly certain that very few owners go back and delete the entry when the boat is sold. The Directory has far fewer entries, but the ones that are there are verified by sending out editing proofs to all members just prior to publication.

Of course the real advantage of the Directory is that it is not merely a listing of boats, but rather a list of boat owners who are quite likely to be active in their local fleet, and who might just end up as lifelong friends once we make the contacts that the Directory enables.

Steve Kuhar
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Most of the improvements to this Board are invisible to the user. Our webmasters know. They have kept our information safe from outside cyber threats, and we are mostly free of trolls. I seem to recall, a couple months ago, they changed the programming language (probably not the right word). So far as I can tell, that transition went extremely smoothly. If they do their job well, no one knows they're there. Thank you Bob, Bill, Cathy, and anyone else I may have missed!

So, that's the CD Board. The real benefit of membership in CDSOA is the people. Show up at membership events, and get to know the people. We're a lot more than just a bulletin board.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
pete faga

Post by pete faga »

Steve
Check is in the mail
Sorry I am tardy
Thanks for what you do
Pete
Bob Ohler

Post by Bob Ohler »

My check is also in the mail! This may be perhaps the best money I spend on the boat! The value of this site and the knowledge of those who post here is invaluable.
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit