Typhoon Model G?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Typhoon Model G?

Post by Joe Myerson »

Hi all,
I recently got an email from a Ty owner in the Pacific Northwest who has a Typhoon Model G (the open version with no cuddy). He wants to know how many of these boats were made. I couldn't find any information on our website, so I'm throwing the question out to the membership. Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Re: Typhoon Model G?

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Joe,

The 2016 CDSOA Membership Directory has full color pictures of all known Cape Dory models, and shows that 141 Cape Dory Daysailors were built, but no distinction was made between open and Cuddy models.

The CDSOA database shows that 47 current or past members have owned Daysailors at one time or another. 10 of these members list the Hull Identification Number (HIN) as beginning with CPDK, (the fourth character of a HIN signifies the model) 4 other members list all different numbers that are probably in error, and 33 members have not included their HINs on their membership information forms.

By fortunate coincidence, next week all CDSOA members will receive a Membership Information form to update, and submit along with their 2018 dues, just in time to get the information in the 2018 Membership Directory that will be distributed to all active members in February.

CDSOA Members, please update all of your boat and contact information to help make our database more useful in answering whatever questions a member might have.

Thanks,
Steve Kuhar
CDSOA Membership Chair
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Thanks Steve,

I looked on this website, but could not find any numbers for the "Model G." But I didn't check the directory.

Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
mashenden
Location: "Nautica" CD-36 #84, Ty-K #83, & CD-10 #1539 in Urbanna, VA. 4 other Tys in past

Post by mashenden »

Here is a post on the Typhoon open cockpits (Ks and Gs) that I pieced together a few years back.

http://www.capedory.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30007

Hopefully it helps.

I have since moved away from owning a Typhoon (for the time being on account of adopting a CD-36) so I have unfortunately not kept up with updates.
Matt Ashenden
- I used to like boating and fixing stuff, then I bought a couple of boats and now I just fix stuff :)

Oh, and please check out my webpage... http://VaRivah.com