Masthead sign on

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Masthead sign on

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

Can someone refresh me on what to use for the Masthead sign on and password?

Thanks

Joe
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Re: Masthead sign on

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Joe,

To read the Masthead just go to cdsoamasthead.org, No sign in is required. If you want to read member only (protected) articles you must use the password that is on the back of your membership card.

Steve
Joe CD MS 300

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

Thanks, Unfortunately I'm in Maine and my member card is back home in the Philly area.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Joe:

I sent you a PM.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

I know what the password is. There is also a secret handshake and a coded $5 bill with matching tears.

However, I do not know what I type in for "user name or email address". I tried all the usual for me and could not gain access. :(
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:I know what the password is. There is also a secret handshake and a coded $5 bill with matching tears.

However, I do not know what I type in for "user name or email address". I tried all the usual for me and could not gain access. :(
Sounds like you were clicking on "Log in" under the "Meta" label...
Try clicking on "Members Only" under the "Categories" label.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Joe CD MS 300

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

Steve Kuhar wrote:Joe,

To read the Masthead just go to cdsoamasthead.org, No sign in is required. If you want to read member only (protected) articles you must use the password that is on the back of your membership card.

Steve
Steve what do you use as the sign in ID?

Joe
Joe CD MS 300

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

mgphl52 wrote:
Sea Hunt Video wrote:I know what the password is. There is also a secret handshake and a coded $5 bill with matching tears.

Sounds like you were clicking on "Log in" under the "Meta" label...
Try clicking on "Members Only" under the "Categories" label.
That takes you to a list of articles that can't be read, getting back to the issues of how to sign on.
Sea Hunt Video

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Joe:

I think this is how it is done. In my judgment a secret handshake would be easier.

1. Go to http://www.capedory.org

2. On the left side column go to "News and Events"

3. Click on "Masthead"

4. Scroll down along the right side of the screen to "Categories". It is below "Archives" and just above "Meta". As an aside what the $%%@ is "Meta" :?:

5. Under categories click on "Members Only".

This should take you to a section that is "protected", that is, CDSOA members only.

6. Click on the article you want to read and you will get a box to type in the password.

If an article is not "protected" anyone can read the entire article. You do not need a special password. You also do not need a special handshake.

7. The password is the word I sent you yesterday.

GOOD LUCK :!: :!: :!: I think this is correct. If not, I apologize. :cry:

Like I said, a secret handshake would be A LOT easier.
Fair winds,

Roberto

CDSOA #1097
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

To All,

One more time. All you have to do to read the Masthead is to go to www.cdsoamasthead.org and that is all there is to it. You do not need to log in, you do not need a user name, you do not need an email address, you do not need to be a registered user, you do not even need to be a CDSOA member to read the Masthead. If you are a CDSOA member you can also read the protected articles by using the password that is on the back of you membership card. You can ignore the meta and log in sections that you see on the right side of the Masthead, you are already there! Those items are for administrators and contributors only.

I do not know how to make this any simpler, it is no harder than getting into any other website, including the one that you got into to read this message.

Steve Kuhar
CDSOA Membership Chair