CD36 in Marion-Bermuda Race Video

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

John Ring

CD36 in Marion-Bermuda Race Video

Post by John Ring »

I cobbled together all the bits & pieces of video we shot last month during the 2017 Marion-Bermuda Race, and put it into one video. It came out pretty nice.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOjAG4WRbmU

John Ring & Crew,
CD36 TIARA
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
swparis85

Re: CD36 in Marion-Bermuda Race Video

Post by swparis85 »

Awesome. Great footage and great edit. Really enjoyed seeing the tracking interspersed in there.
Looks like yall had some beautiful sailing. Makes me want to get some open ocean miles in.
Thx for sharing.
a sailor's joys are as simple as a child's
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Great video, John, and a fantastic race result. It appeared to be a Cape Dory rendezvous in Convict Bay when Tiara, Raven, and Orion were anchored adjacent to one another.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
psjanker

Post by psjanker »

I enjoyed the video very much...which graphic represented Tara? Also, noticed the fishing pole...catch anything?

V/r

Pete
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

John, thanks for posting the video and, more importantly for having me as crew. For me, this was the biggest adventure I ever had. And it was a great time with amazing crew!
I'm glad we did as well as we did!
Jeff
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

Oh jeez, and I forgot, setting up the boat so well that we kicked everyone's boat speed!
John Ring

Post by John Ring »

Thanks all!

That was a great adventure, best yet by far. The crew & I are already looking forward to our 2019 effort.

Pete - in the video, the large white boat icon is Tiara, not that she's the largest boat in Class D. The only way I could mark her was to select Tiara in the left panel to select & highlight her. (My efforts to mark her with a yellow circle in my video editing software totally failed). We didn't fish much, or fish well, so we caught nothing.

Jim & Steve - it was great hanging out with you guys in Convict Bay. That's the best anchorage I've hung out at in a long time, great company too! Thanks for all the help with dinghy rides & local knowledge, much appreciated. You guys are great! I'll always remember to watch out for TIGERSHARKS! ;)

Jeff - Tiara was faster than ever because you were on board! I've got a few more tricks to get Tiara moving a little faster in 2019, and look forward to having you & the whole crew back aboard!

Very Best,
John Ring & Crew
CD36 TIARA
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Dick Kobayashi
Location: Former owner of 3 CDs, most recently Susan B, a 25D

Post by Dick Kobayashi »

Thanks for sharing I saw the fleet leave BB - but one rarely knows what happens next. This time , thanks to you, I did!
Dick K
CD 25D Susan B #104
Mattapoisett, MA

Fleet Captain - Northeast Fleet 2014/2015

Tempus Fugit. And not only that, it goes by fast. (Ron Vacarro 1945 - 1971)
bobdugan

Post by bobdugan »

Oh Captain my Captain... it was so much fun!!! Can't wait to do it again!

Bob
Bob Dugan - Assistant Webmaster
Pacific Seacraft 34: Emerald || CD 25D: Cricket (former owner)
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA in the Spring/Fall and Bustins Island, ME in the Summer