Complete overhaul of my Typhoon

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Mv-typhoon

Complete overhaul of my Typhoon

Post by Mv-typhoon »

So I get this call from a known boat horder that he sold his land and need everything off his property in a short time. I had see the boat before and it turns out it was a cape dory typhoon. long story short I picked the boat up for free. Replaced a lot of bungs did all the bright work in Pettit captains varnish. Filled all the cracks and painted the topside. One coat Pettit ez prime and two coats Ezpoxy Kelly green. Rolled and tipped it with a friend outside and I think it came out great. Re did the decks waned them out replaced a little core then one coat primer and two coats desert sand Ezpoxy with nonskid in between. Replaced all the mounting hardware with bronze and installed two new bronze portholes along with a new makers plate with my hull number. Picked them up at Bristol bronze. Made a new hardwood engine mount. Did the bottom in interlux act and the bootstripe got two coats as well. Mast got all new halyards and clips along with new mainsheet and hanks for my jib. All in all prob close to 100 hrs. Painted the top of the cabin after grinding and filling some old hardware holes and hopefully install my new mast support soon. Boat is getting slashed Wednesday! Get a few good day in on her. Hope you like have any questions hit me up
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 524 times
Lots of work ahead
Lots of work ahead
image.jpg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 524 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 524 times
Mv-typhoon

Re: Complete overhaul of my Typhoon

Post by Mv-typhoon »

More photos
Attachments
Decks
Decks
image.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 523 times
All green
All green
image.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 523 times
Primer
Primer
image.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 523 times
Mv-typhoon

Post by Mv-typhoon »

More photos
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 523 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 523 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 523 times
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

Nicely done have fun hope you get some good wind to try her out in.
Sincerely,

Chris B.
http://bristol-blue.blogspot.com/

"It is the Average Sailor, the one who will never set any records or win any major trophies, who really populates the sailing world." Ray Whitaker

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have waited for centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."- John Andrew Holmes
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Nice job. Good to see an old classic restored and on its way to the water once again.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
rjnale
Location: 1982 CD Typhoon Daysailer "Typhoon Mary" Hull #97 model K Syracuse NY

Post by rjnale »

Very nice job. The green hull looks very nice.
In the picture looking forward there are 2 fittings on the starboard fore deck. What are they?
Enjoy your beautiful boat!
Rick