Portlight Screens

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
John Danicic

Portlight Screens

Post by John Danicic »

Dear Fellow Cape Dory owners.

I can't believe it, but it now has been 12 years that I have been making copper and bronze port light screens for our boats. Time flies when you make things for great sailboats like ours. You keep ordering them so I keep making them. I guess that is the way it is supposed to work.

Image Image Image

So, here we are in the fitting-out season and if you are thinking of ordering port light screens that will last the life of your boat, now is the time. I hope to be on the water this season more then off so be patient with me if I don't get right back to you. Order now while the last bits of snow are melting and the waters of the big lake remain at a chilly 36 degrees conspire to keep me home and chomping at the bit to go north to Mariah. I can fill orders immediately.

Thanks for all your kind words and support in the past 12 years. Cape Dory owners are the best!
You can order here.....Screens of Schooner Bay
Sail on

John Danicic

CD36 - Mariah- #124
Lake Superior- The Apostle Islands
CDSOA #655
Cape Dory Picture Posts
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Portlight Screens

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

I bought John's screens several years ago for S/V Bali Ha'i. They replaced what appeared to be OEM plastic screens.

For those who do not have John's screens I offer the following comments/observations:

1. Easy to install (indeed, VERY easy).

2. They fit absolutely perfectly.

3. They look great. But then, why wouldn't they look great. They were made for Cape Dory sailboats by a Cape Dory caretaker.

4. They keep everything out.

5. They are worth every penny. A true quality product.

I have no connection with John D. other than as a retail purchaser of six (6) of his screens.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

I agree with Roberto 100%! John makes a great product. I've had a set for 8 or 9 years. Aliens can no longer read my mind when I'm below due to the bronze screens, and I find it unnecessary to wear my tinfoil hat below decks. :roll:
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
sailor

Post by sailor »

May I ask how much they cost? I am new to the site and unaware they were available privately.
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

sailor wrote:May I ask how much they cost? I am new to the site and unaware they were available privately.
Just click on "Screens of Schooner Bay" in John's post.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I will echo everything Roberto said above. My wife bought me all 10 for Christmas, and they are worth it. She is very thoughtful also. I had other things on the list ahead of the screens, but I am very happy she did that. Very well made.