Veterans and their Dories for a Happy Veterans Day 2015

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Occlusion

Re: Veterans and their Dories for a Happy Veterans Day 2015

Post by Occlusion »

Four years in the 82d Airborne Division, six years in PSYOP, the last two in the logistics world. I have found nothing in this world that can as easily melt away the memories of Iraq and Afghanistan than the wind in my sails and a tiller in my hand. To all our veterans who have earned a lifetime of peace, I wish you the grace to find what calms your soul.
Typhoon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt
CD Typhoon
Madison, WI
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Matt, well said. Throughout my life sailing has brought me great joy. And, when times were tough it nurtured my spirit and soothed my soul. When I am sailing I seldom if ever think of the hard times. It's like a blanket of calm wraps around me and I live only in the moment. May all of our vets find the peace they deserve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skeep
Location: Previously CD Typhoon #729, now Alberg 30 Hull #614

Post by Skeep »

Occlusion wrote:Four years in the 82d Airborne Division, six years in PSYOP, the last two in the logistics world. I have found nothing in this world that can as easily melt away the memories of Iraq and Afghanistan than the wind in my sails and a tiller in my hand. To all our veterans who have earned a lifetime of peace, I wish you the grace to find what calms your soul.
Typhoon.jpg

Awesome Matt!
Skeep
Supporting Member #1576 of the CDSOA
Current Vessel, Alberg 30 Hull #614 to be named yet
Formerly S/V Hull #729 "Baggy Wrinkles"
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Located at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Chapin South Carolina
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Did I mention that I was a member of the Tonkin Gulf Y.C.? I was also a member of the even more exclusive Haiphong Harbor Y.C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonkin_Gulf_Yacht_Club
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698