Northeast Fleet @ Flanders - group photo ...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fmueller

Northeast Fleet @ Flanders - group photo ...

Post by fmueller »

Eye eye captain - officers and crew all accounted for ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
fmueller

Re: Northeast Fleet @ Flanders - group photo ...

Post by fmueller »

Later at Ruth and Leo MacDonalds B&B ("it was a Dark and Stormy night") from left:

Cathy Monaghan, Joe Myerson, Leo MacDonald, Jim Walsh, Bob Emmons, Mike Connell

Jim is Captain elect of the NE Fleet ... congrats Jim!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Great photographs Fred! I can state unequivocally that a good time was had by all. I am humbled by my election as the new Northeast Fleet Captain and I'm looking forward to fulfilling the obligations of office with the energetic assistance of all the Northeast Fleet team members.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Fred, Jim and All:

Any chance we can get an identification of the initial group photo posted :?: I know it would be a chore but ............ :)

I recognize a few faces in the photo from back in 2007 but also see many new ones.

Thanks in advance to anyone who volunteers.

P.S. Go Broncos. I want Peyton Manning to retire a winner :!:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Doug Jesseman

Post by Doug Jesseman »

Fred, Thank you for the photographs of the Northeast Annual meeting. (I hope you realize that you are now officially the Northeast Cape Dory photographer which means you must attend all events.)
This annual meeting was one of the most energetic Cape Dory meetings that I have ever attended. The Cape Dory tide is turning in our favor. Also, we should tip our glass to Jim Walsh.
2016 is going to be a great year !!! Fair Winds to all, Doug Jesseman
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:Any chance we can get an identification of the initial group photo posted :?:
The fellow up front towards the right, with the black sweater and the hat hanging from his belt, it me.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:Any chance we can get an identification of the initial group photo posted :?:
I'm in the flannel shirt, standing next to Neil.

Jeff
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Folks:

Sorry. I guess I was hoping for one individual to make a position list of those in the photo. I did not mean for each person to individually ID himself/herself.

Perhaps Fleet Captain Jim W. can take time away from admiring his "boxed" single malts to create this position list. :D :D Is that not in the "duties and responsibilities" handbook of CDSOA fleet captains :?:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:Folks:

Sorry. I guess I was hoping for one individual to make a position list of those in the photo. I did not mean for each person to individually ID himself/herself.

Perhaps Fleet Captain Jim W. can take time away from admiring his "boxed" single malts to create this position list. :D :D Is that not in the "duties and responsibilities" handbook of CDSOA fleet captains :?:
That would have been the professional and organized thing to do, hence little thought was given to such an endeavor :D
It's more comical and rewarding to have individuals chime in and identify themselves, or not.....
I'm in the back row, left of center, wearing a false white beard, surrounded by ravishing young ladies :wink:
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore

CD31 ORION

Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

I am doing my best to hide in the back row, close to the exit door.

The big guy, next to me, is Mike Connell from the Gulf Fleet. This is way more fun than making a complete list of who is in what row, Steve.
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Great photos, Fred! Thanks.

Roberto: I'm the guy in the Icelandic sweater.
--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Jim Walsh wrote:
Sea Hunt Video wrote:Folks:

That would have been the professional and organized thing to do, hence little thought was given to such an endeavor :D
It's more comical and rewarding to have individuals chime in and identify themselves, or not.....
I'm in the back row, left of center, wearing a false white beard, surrounded by ravishing young ladies :wink:
I wouldn't have identified myself as "ravishing" but I'm the tall gal in the back row between the bearded men and behind the guy in the Icelandic sweater.

-Cathy Monaghan
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
BHalley

Post by BHalley »

Thanks for the great photos Fred. I'm attaching a couple of photos that I took at the meeting and the Fleet Captain's Reception. One photo shows new NE Fleet Captain Jim Walsh and former NE Fleet Captain and former CDSOA Commodore Neil Gordon with their Fleet Captain and Past-Commodore Burgees. The other photo shows former NE Fleet Captain and former CDSOA Commodore Leo MacDonald and current CDSOA Commodore Mike Connell before they had their first Dark & Stormies at the reception.

Bruce Halley
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Very nice photographs Bruce, thanks for posting. I'd like to add "and a good time was had by all" !
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore

CD31 ORION

tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Cathy, Ravishing, for sure. :wink: :wink:
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27